Doodles and Form
Linda Pfisterer, Art Specialist
Students learn how to use shading techniques to change shapes into forms, thus making a 3-D appearance. Surrealism is discussed as the students juxtapose their forms to create a surreal composition.
Objectives and assessment criteria
- look at surrealistic art as motivation for drawing.
- look at the drawings of Chris Van Allsburg as the motivation for drawing.
- practice pencil shading using a blending technique to make a five-part value scale.
- practice drawing lines and shapes and turning them into forms using shading techniques.
- use pencil shading techniques and the illusion of light, depth and texture to create a greeting card.